Bhai Dooj 2023 –
This Festival holds a Special Place in the Hindu Religion and in the Indian culture as it is the second most important festival of brothers and sisters after Raksha- Bandhan. It represents the pure and surreal Bond of Brother and sister It is also known by Bhau Beej, Bhatru Dwitiya , Bhai Dwitiya in the different regions of India. The Festival of Bhai dooj is celebrated on the Dwitiya Tithi of Shukla Paksh in the month of kartik and in 2023 this lovely Festival is to be Celebrated on 15th November 2023. it also brings the festive Season of Diwali to an end.
Every Year there is a lot of confusion Related to the Muhrats , Time and Date of the Festival .
So let Newshouse Make it easy for you
Bhai Dooj 2023 : Date and Time
Dwitiya Tithi Begins on – November 14 2023 – 02 : 36 PM
Dwitoya Tithi Ends on – November 15 2023 – 01 : 47 PM
Bhai Dooj 2023 : Shubh Muhrat For Tilak –
The Shubh Muhrat For Tilak is Basically From 10 : 44 AM to 12:05 PM on 15 November 2023.
Shubh Choghadiya – November 15, 2023 – 10:44 AM to 12:05 PM
Chal Choghadiya – November 15, 2023 – 02:46 PM to 04:07 PM
Laabh Choghadiya – November 15, 2023 – 04:07 PM to 05:27 PM
Bhai Dooj 2023 : Pooja Rituals –
- Everybody Wakes Up in the morning usually early according to the muhrat and gets ready in traditional Clothes.
- Sisters Prepare Sweets for their Brothers and some also buy Gifts for each other.
- Some people First do Tika to god ( Krishna ji , Shiv ji , Ganesha ji ) as they consider them their brother .
- Sister visits Her brother to his home for doing Tika or brother goes to his Sister’s Home For the Celebration Of Bhai Dooj.
- Sisters Decorate the plate with Roli , Rice or Spiritually said Akshat , Dried Coconut , Sweet and the gift that she wants to give her brother ( These can Vary from State to State s Everybody has their own tradition of celebrating Festivals ).
- Then Sister Puts Tilak First and Then Akshat on her Brother’s Forehead and also puts some Tilak on The Dried Coconut and gives it to her brother.Wishing for his Good Health and Long Life.
- In Response, The Brothers Touch the Feet of their Sisters and Take Their Blessings.
- Then they give Something to their Sisters either some Gift like Clothes or Money as a Token of Love and Care For her Sister.
- Sisters Serve Food to their Brothers and Everyone Eats and Enjoys this Festival with Joy and Happiness.
Bhai Dooj 2023 : Celebration In Different States –
- In Maharasthra Bhai Dooj is Called Bhao Bheej as Bhao means brother in Marathi
- In West Bengal Bhai Dooj is Known as Phota Festival.In addition Sisters do a Fast for their Brothers.
- In Uttar Pradesh, Sister gives their Brother a Dried coconut with putting Tika on it as a symbol of Protection and long life of her Brother.
- In Nepal it is Known as Bhai Tihar, Tihar is the Arabic Word for Tilak.
Bhai Dooj 2023 : Frequently Asked Questions ( F A Q ) –
- When is Bhai dooj getting Celerated in 2023 ?
Bhai Dooj will be celebrated on 15 November 2023
- When is the Tika Muhrat of Bhai Dooj 2023 ?
The tika Muhrat will start From around 10:44 am and will last till 12:05 PM
- Why is Bhai Dooj Festival Celebrated ?
This Festival is Celebrated because of a Popular Spiritual Essence as it marks the occasion when God Shri Krishna Visited his Sister Subhadra after killing the Demon Naraksura. So at that time subhadra applied tilak on Shree krishna’s Forehead. This led to the start of the Bhai Dooj Festival.
Here is a link of a Animated Youtube Video Explaining This story https://youtu.be/YB8bzWX1kg0?si=DK73SyXYUgY40ANY
Book Mark This Site For More Exciting Upcoming content